½ cup standard flour
¹⁄3 cup sugar
²⁄₃ cup finely chopped
¾ cup rolled oats
1 tbsp golden syrup
½ tsp baking soda
2 tbsp boiling water
1. Preheat the oven to 180˚C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
2. Mix together flour, sugar, coconut and rolled oats.
3. Melt butter and golden syrup. Dissolve baking soda in the boiling water and add to butter and golden syrup. Stir butter mixture into the dry ingredients.
4. Place level tablespoons of mixture onto cold greased trays and flatten with a fork. These don’t spread as they bake so you can place them close together.
5. Bake for about 15 minutes or until golden. Leave on the tray for 5 minutes then place on a wire rack to cool.
*Recipe thanks to the New Zealand High Commission