Serves 8 as a canape
- 200g Woodridge traditional hot smoked salmon (skin off)
- 120g mascarpone cheese, or you can use crème fraiche
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Juice of half a lemon
- Sprinkle of Murray River salt flakes and black pepper to season
- Sprigs of fresh dill, snipped. Leave some for decoration
Try adding a teaspoon of minced horseradish to the mascarpone/crème fraiche mix for a subtle kick
1. Using a fork, mash the salmon in a bowl. In a separate bowl, add the mascarpone cheese or crème fraiche, lemon zest, lemon juice and combine. Add the salmon to the mascarpone cheese or crème fraiche mixture and combine well. Add some fresh ground black pepper to the mix.
2. Taste the pate to see if it needs any salt flakes, more pepper, or a little more lemon juice. Snip in some dill leaves and mix carefully.
Pile onto a pretty plate or bowl and garnish with dill. Serve with poppy seed crackers or a delicious fresh French baguette.
Our Tamarama Kitchen is available from The Fishwives, thefishwives.com