Does supporting world-class research which is driven by data quality excite you?
Our dynamic and internationally recognised research company Observational & Pragmatic Research Institute (OPRI) is looking for a highly motivated and dynamic member to join our data team. In this role you will be working alongside our research, statistical and database teams, and communicating directly with our global teams.
The successful candidate will have a high attention to detail, a proactive approach and strong time management and analytical skills. Experience of working directly with health research data (clinical trials and/or registries) would be an advantage.
In the role of Junior Data Quality Analyst, you would be responsible for data quality in relation to the International Severe Asthma Registry (ISAR). ISAR is the largest global research database on severe asthma patients, with data being provided from over 25 countries. The main responsibilities include:
- Visually review raw patient level data submitted by contributing sites and/or countries for completeness and scientific accuracy – focused on the current research and scientific requirements
- Assist the Data Quality Coordinator in developing and maintaining the change management plan for OpenClinica and the ISAR data collection
- Assist the Data Quality Coordinator in identifying risks and developing risk mitigation strategies associated with changes in data collection and assimilation
- Assist the Data Quality Coordinator in communication with stakeholder as required by the change management plan
- Track and monitor longitudinal data collection by tracking and reminding/scheduling sites to ensure a minimum of one visit is entered into the registry per year
- Identify gaps and provide potential solutions for data quality/ validation issues to the Data Quality Coordinator
- Assist the Data Quality Coordinator in developing a Data Validation Plan/ Edit Check Document to identify data errors (Data type, Range, consistency, cross-reference etc.)
- Monitor data quality through discrepancy management to obtain information regarding incomplete data or data entry errors (for example, to identify and follow up to resolve any inconsistencies across patient data or forms), track them through country specific log sheets to follow-up until resolution
- Perform automatic data quality control/checks on data upload to the central ISAR data repository and escalate any data issues to the Data Quality Coordinator
- Assist in the production of quarterly data quality reports for each participating country to determine the number of patients that meet the data quality benchmark (cut-offs) to be eligible for payments
- Support the bi-weekly communications across all participating countries to motivate recruitment and update sites on their performance (recruitment growth charts and statistics)
- Attend to and resolve data collection related queries or requests from countries, including eCRF completion guidance and modification/addition of data entry forms as per country specific requirements
- Contribute to and maintain technical documentation and operating procedures
- Liaise with key stakeholders internationally
- Provide support to the data and operational team on various data related initiatives as required
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, maths, biostatistics or similar preferred. This role is open to fresh graduates.
- Strong written and verbal business English skills, and an ability to communicate well with stakeholders globally
- Strong technical aptitude and analytical ability
- Expertise with Excel essential
- Experience of working directly with health research data (clinical trials and/or registries and/or clinical databases) preferred
- Experience working with statistical software (Structured Query Language (SQL) preferred
- Experience working with clinical trial, patient registries, or OpenClinica would be an advantage
- Experience in the health sector and Electronic Medical Records preferred
- A minimum of two years’ relevant experience
Contract and Salary
- Starting salary is dependent on qualifications and experience
- Immediate start is available
Please send your CV with a covering letter summarising your suitability for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.