ANZA Netball is fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the wellbeing of all its members. ANZA believes that it is important that parents associated with the program should, at all times, show respect and understanding for the safety and welfare of others. As parents/carers of players you are expected to stay for the session (this is NOT a drop off activity unless otherwise stated). You are also expected to abide by the following code:
• Focus on effort and performance rather than winning or losing. Promote your child’s participation in playing sport for fun.
• Never publicly criticise your child or others in the sport, including on social media.
• Children learn best by example. Behave responsibly, applaud good play and thank coaches, officials after games.
• Support and encourage fair play from all players, including the opposition.
• Do not place your child under pressure or push them into activities they do not want to do.
• Ensure that your child understands their code of conduct.
• Accept all decisions and requests by coaches/officials on the day. If you wish to dispute them later, find a time convenient to both parties. Never argue on the courts in front of players.
• Discuss any concerns with the coach (at a convenient time) so they can address them directly.
• Show appreciation and support the coach/official/committee member, remembering that ANZA relies on volunteers.
• Remove all litter from the playing areas and assist where needed to set up and put away equipment.
• Ensure your child has adequate food/drink and sun protection.
• Ensure punctual arrival to all sessions and matches.
• Ensure your child is never left unsupervised.
• Ensure siblings are always supervised, do not disrupt the sessions and are respectful of other members. Do not allow them to play with non-ANZA equipment.
Any breaches of this code of conduct will be dealt with immediately by a Coach or Committee Member. Persistent concerns or breaches may result in you regrettably being asked to leave the Netball program.