ANZA Netball is fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the wellbeing of all its members. ANZA believes that it is important that players, coaches, administrators and parents associated with the program should, at all times, show respect and understanding for the safety and welfare of others. Therefore, players are encouraged to be open at all times and to share any concerns or complaints that they may have about any aspect of the program with the ANZA Netball Committee.
As a member of ANZA Netball, you are expected to abide by the following player code of conduct:
• Be friendly and particularly welcoming to new members.
• Be respectful, supportive and committed to other team members.
• Play fairly, adhering to rules and regulations of the game.
• Show appropriate loyalty and be gracious in defeat.
• Behave and listen to all instructions from the coach.
• Respect officials and accept their decisions.
• Take care of equipment and facilities owned and used by ANZA Netball
• Do not use bad language.
• No bullying of any form or persistent use of rough and dangerous play.
• Show respect for the program by keeping to agreed attendance and timings and informing the appropriate person if you are going to be late.
• Wear the ANZA Netball uniform at all times in training and matches.
• Show appreciation of coaches, officials, volunteers and administrators, without them you would not be able to participate.
Any minor misdemeanors will be addressed by the coach and reported verbally to the designated person. More serious or persistent misbehaviour may result in disciplinary action and potentially dismissal from the ANZA Netball program. Parents will be informed at all stages.