Print & Digital Editor, ANZA Magazine & Website
The Australian and New Zealand Association (ANZA) is searching for a passionate print and digital Editor to join a dedicated office team and a welcoming community. From writing a monthly magazine and editing online content, to producing marketing copy and updating social media, this is an incredible opportunity to stamp your creative flair on this well-known association. The successful candidate will be solely responsible for sourcing contributing writers and articles, writing and editing features, arranging and sub-editing copy, as well as supervising and working closely with the Graphic Designer to meet strict print and online deadlines. The Editor also oversees ANZA’s social media and website content, driving traffic growth through quality control and search engine optimisation. The applicant will need a solid knowledge of Australian and New Zealand culture. This is a full-time position.
- Collaborating with the Graphic Designer to oversee layout, appearance and content of the magazine
- Planning, researching and writing articles for monthly magazine
- Commissioning and editing articles received by volunteer contributors
- Managing production including pagination planning, proof-reading, print orders and finalising proofs before sign-off of magazine
- Liaising with, and producing leads for advertising executive
- Strictly following ANZA’s editorial policy
- Creating and editing web-specific content for the ANZA website, including the online ANZA Guide to SG
- Growing the website traffic and tracking analytics data
- Quality control of online sponsored content
- Maintaining the ANZA social media accounts and growing social media presence
- Editing the weekly eNews and other monthly EDMs.
- Final proofing on all ANZA event and marketing assets – including two event further programmes per year – for consistency of ANZA’s brand across all aspects of the Association
- Assisting other staff to meet deadlines for magazine, eNews and web-related material
- Networking at relevant industry and company events
ANZA welcomes applicants with the following skills and qualifications:
- Degree in Mass Communications/Journalism or related field
- Proficient in InDesign, Photoshop, Acrobat and MS Office applications
- Effective research and writing skills with sub-editing experience
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Keen eye for detail
- Experience with writing for web and SEO
- Strong understanding of Australian and New Zealand culture
The role is full-time (additional overtime will be expected when necessary). Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Interested candidates, you are invited to email your resume and a cover letter telling us why you think you should be the next ANZA Editor. Send to Kerry Low at firstname.lastname@example.org by 13 April 2018. (Please note that only short listed candidates will be notified).