- The Cathay was the tallest building in Singapore and Southeast Asia when it opened in 1939. Today, The Cathay is a protected national monument that embraces both linear Art-Deco design and modernism with a rich history.
2 Handy Road, Singapore 229233
- The National Museum of Singapore is the nation’s oldest museum, tracing its history to the mid-1800s, inspiring visitors today with stories of Singapore and the world.
93 Stamford Rd, Singapore 178897
- The Central Fire Station is Singapore’s oldest existing fire station and a symbol of the transformation of the nation’s early volunteer firefighting squads into a modern-day civil defence force.
62 Hill St, Singapore 179367
- The Cathedral of the Good Shepherd is the oldest Catholic Church in Singapore, having been constructed in 1843 as a place of worship for Singapore’s first Catholic community.
A Queen St, Singapore 188533
- Objectifs – Centre for Photography and Film is a non-profit visual arts space dedicated to film and photography. It was once home to the Methodist Girls School and subsequently the first Straits Chinese Methodist Church.
155 Middle Rd, Singapore 188977
- Stamford Arts Centre was built in 1920 as the Japanese Elementary School, before going on to house the Shackle Club (a British military recreation centre), Gan Eng Seng School and Stamford Girls School.
155 Waterloo St, Singapore 187962
- The National Design Centre occupies the 120-year-old premises of the former St. Anthony’s Convent, which was founded by the Portuguese Mission for Singapore’s poor and disadvantaged communities.
111 Middle Rd, Singapore 188969
Follow this map route to take a self-guided exploration of all seven sites: https://goo.gl/maps/ofosVyr9EKdzBsXQA
The light-up of BBB precinct is presented alongside the light-ups of cultural and historical landmarks in the Civic District, including Esplanade – Theatres on the Bay, National Gallery Singapore, The Arts House, The Fullerton Hotel Singapore, and Victoria Theatre and Victoria Concert Hall, in a show of unity across the arts and culture sector.