1. COLLECTION, USE AND DISCLOSURE
We may collect and store the following personal information:
- email address, physical contact information, and (depending on the service used) sometimes financial information, such as credit card or bank account numbers;
- transactional information based on your activities on the ANZA website and with ANZA generally;
- community discussions, chats, dispute resolution, correspondence through ANZA website, and correspondence sent to us;
- other information from your interaction with ANZA website, services, content and advertising, including computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the sites, ad data, IP address and standard web log information; and
- other “Personal Data”, as that term is defined in the Personal Data Protection Act 2012, that may be required in order for us to provide you with the services that your request and/or services relating to your membership with ANZA.
For visitors to the ANZA website that are not ANZA members, our primary purpose in collecting personal data is to provide you with a safe, smooth, efficient, and customized experience and to provide the services and customer support that you request.
For ANZA members and attendees at ANZA events our primary purpose in collecting your personal data is to provide you with services relating to your ANZA membership and attendance at ANZA events.
You agree that we may collect, use and disclose your personal data for the following purposes:
- to provide the services and customer support you request and that are associated with your membership of ANZA and the provision of ANZA’s membership benefits from time to time;
- to follow up on any product or service which you have shown interest in;
- to prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities and to comply with applicable laws and regulations;
- to customize, measure and improve our services, content and advertising;
- to tell you about our services (including events, activities and member benefits, as determined by ANZA) and those of our sponsors, partners, affiliates and other third parties that we consider may be of interest to ANZA members;
- to notify you of membership renewals;
- to update our records about you;
- for ANZA’s news and publicity purposes;
- to compare information for accuracy;
- to handle queries and complaints; and
- such other purposes that a reasonable person would consider appropriate in the circumstances, the “Purposes”.
In addition to the Purposes, we may disclose personal data to respond to legal requirements, enforce our policies, respond to claims that a listing or other content violates the rights of others, or protect anyone’s rights, property, or safety. Such information will be disclosed in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
For other situations outside of the Purposes, we will not disclose your personal data unless you have provided your consent for us to do so, or if we are required to do so by law. If an order of a court or government authority requires us to disclose information about you, we will do our best to notify you of this promptly, to give you an opportunity to exercise your legal rights. The only exceptions to this policy are when the order or law prohibits us from notifying you or when there is suspicion of fraud or criminal activity.
We will not sell, rent or otherwise distribute your personal data to third parties for their marketing purposes without your explicit consent.
3. WITHDRAWAL OF CONSENT
You may withdraw your consent for the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data by contacting us (see “Contact Us”, below) and requesting that we no longer collect, use or disclose your personal data. After a reasonable period to allow the withdrawal process to take place, we will then ensure that your personal data is no longer collected, used or disclosed by us.
If you chose not to provide us with certain personal data, or withdraw your consent to its collection, use or disclosure, we may not be able to provide you with the services that you request.
4. INFORMATION YOU SHARE ON ANZA
Your User ID is displayed throughout ANZA (and so is available to the public), and is connected to all of your ANZA activity. Other people can see your bids, purchases, items for sale, storefronts, feedback, ratings and associated comments. Notices sent to other community members about suspicious activity and policy violations on the ANZA website refer to User IDs and specific items. So if you associate your name with your User ID, the people to whom you have revealed your name will be able to personally identify your ANZA activities.
If you access our sites from a shared computer or a computer in an internet café, certain information about you, such as your User ID, activity or reminders from ANZA, may also be visible to other individuals who use the computer after you.
In relation to any information or materials which you submit to ANZA using the ANZA website, you hereby grant to ANZA a worldwide royalty-free perpetual licence of the copyright and intellectual property rights in such information or materials for any purpose it deems including, without limitation, the copying, transmission, distribution and publication thereof, unless restricted by applicable law.
You agree that ANZA shall not be under any obligation of confidentiality to you regarding any such information or materials submitted to it using the ANZA website unless agreed otherwise in a separate direct contract between you and ANZA or as required by law.
You acknowledge that the foregoing provisions shall not limit any specific provisions set out in the individual terms and conditions of particular services offered on or through our website.
We use “cookies” (small files placed on your hard drive) on certain of our pages to help analyze our web page flow; customize our services, content and advertising; measure promotional effectiveness, and promote trust and safety.
A few important things you should know about cookies are that:
- most cookies are “session cookies,” meaning that they are automatically deleted from your hard drive at the end of a session;
- you are always free to decline our cookies if your browser permits, although doing so may interfere with your use of some of our sites or services; and
- you may encounter cookies from third parties on certain pages of the sites that we do not control (for example, if you view a web page created by another user, there may be a cookie placed by that web page.)
6. ACCESSING, REVIEWING AND CHANGING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
You can see, review and change most of your personal data by signing on to the ANZA website. Generally, we will not manually modify your personal data because it is very difficult to verify your identity remotely. You must promptly update your personal data on the ANZA website if it changes or is inaccurate. Once you make a public posting, you may not be able to change or remove it. Upon your request, we will close your account and remove your personal data from view as soon as reasonably possible, based on your account activity and in accordance with applicable law. We do retain personal data from closed accounts to comply with law, prevent fraud, collect any fees owed, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigations, and take other actions otherwise permitted by law.
If you would like to access your personal data that is held by us please contact us (see “Contact Us”, below).
7. RETENTION OF PERSONAL DATA
ANZA regularly scans the personal data held by it and deletes personal data if:
- the purpose for which the personal data was collected is no longer being served by retention of the personal data; or
- retention is no longer necessary for legal or business purposes.
ANZA will not hold personal data for longer than seven years after you stop being a member of ANZA (in line with the relevant statute of limitations).
We treat data as an asset that must be protected and use lots of tools (passwords, physical security, etc.) to protect your personal data against unauthorized access and disclosure. However, as you probably know, third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications, and other users may abuse or misuse your personal data that they collect from the ANZA website. Therefore, although we work very hard to protect your privacy, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal data or private communications will always remain private.
We limit access to your personal data a small number of ANZA representatives who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide products or services to you, or fulfil any Purpose.
10. CONTACT US
If you have any questions or complaints in relation to privacy and personal data protection, please call us during business hours on +65 6223 7992 and request the Data Protection Officer. Alternatively, you may write to us at: ANZA Office, 47A Kampong Bahru Road, Singapore, Singapore 169361 or email email@example.com. Please attention your correspondence to the Data Protection Officer.
We will address all questions and complaints in a reasonable timeframe as appropriate on a case by case basis.