Cycling – About the Club
ANZA Cycling is Singapore’s largest social cycling club with over 350 members. Our members form groups (based on prevailing number requirements) and ride established routes from set starting points, pretty much every day of the year. Members include coffee-seeking, social cyclists, experienced, elite road racers, triathletes of all (swim-bike-run) walks, long-distance, endurance lovers and mud-spattered off-roaders.
Groups range in size from 3-14 riders (ex-COVID; or MaxN in line with COVID guidelines), with distance and pace also varying. Everything starts with our mandatory newcomers’ Induction ride, which helps make sure everyone who’s riding with us is on the same page; then opening up an offering through 30km ‘steady/no-drop’ loops; to groups at varying speeds that would regularly head out for a 60-70km loop; and very fast groups that might typically average 35-38 kph (cruising at 45+kph) over an 85+km route. We also run regular ‘Chix Rides’, which, while not exclusively female, were established to provide a particularly supportive and friendly entry point for women looking to get into cycling. Most of our groups finish up for a coffee/ brekky at a central point – or sometimes a beer at weekends.
We strongly emphasise safe cycling and good road sharing practices and ask all cyclists riding with us to familiarise themselves with our ‘Group Ride Guidelines’ before joining us for a ride.
To join a group ride, cyclists must be over 18. In special circumstances, we will consider allowing minors to join group rides, as long as they are 15 or over and accompanied by a parent/guardian. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to enquire.
Join ANZA Cycling
ANZA Cycling membership is only $88 for the first year ($58 if renewing) for new members and includes:
- Information and option to join daily rides
- Free monthly club breakfasts
- Social events (member-only events, info nights, BBQs, Christmas Party)
- Supported club trips and training rides and activities throughout the region** (Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand, Taiwan etc)
- Opportunities to form racing teams for events** in the region
- Discounts and goodies from our sponsors and supporters (Wilhelmsen, Senoko Energy, Picotin, St. James’s Place Wealth Management, Wisecrack Drinks, Trouble Brewing, Bright Coffee Company, The Mason’s Table, Orthomed Physio and others – see our member benefits page)
- Option to buy our very stylish club kit (inc. jersey, shorts, gloves, socks, etc.)
** As of August 2021, regional travel for club trips and races currently on hold due to COVID-19. Local social and race events will be held where possible in compliance with Government guidelines.
To join ANZA Cycling there are 2 steps
- You must be a financial ANZA member. Join ANZA!
- Join ANZA Cycling for an additional payment of $88 by completing our Membership Application Form.
So where and when do we ride?
The map below shows where we meet, the schedule shows when.